My late 2010 Macbookpro cannot handle the newest OS-X (yosemite) anymore. So here we go Ubuntu. The installation is quite smooth until the WIFI part.
This is for Ubuntu 14.04. The Macbookpro has Broadcom bc43xx chipsets.
First you need to install/remove some packages for the driver:
sudo apt-get remove bcmwl-kernel-source
sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer b43-fwcutter
Then you need to UN-block the bcm43xx driver:
# blacklist bcm43xx
You will get some error messages, ignore them.
Finally, do this so when you restart your computer, WIFI is still there. Following this page:
echo b43 >> /etc/modules
Some of you guys might wonder what happened to 24theory.com, why am I on this “4nums.com”.
Well, long story short, lawyer happened.
About two months ago, I got a cease and desist letter from a lawyer representing a company that claims to own “24” on all mathematical software/game related things. The lawyer claimed that I cannot have 24 anywhere when naming my game.
I contacted an IP lawyer friend and was told that if I don’t want to put up a fight which cost money and time, I better just change the name. Well, I don’t want to waste money and time on a hobby website, so I changed all 24theory related stuff to 4 numbers (4nums.com).
Here you go, the same old math 24 game we all played even before that company existed, but with a different name (4 numbers) on this new website (4nums.com).
(1) new Cordova folder, new cordova.js in /www/
(2) remove old google_A files(references) then add new, remove it from Library search path (building settings – > Search paths)
(3) bundle version / string, short in -info.plist needs to be the new one (1.1 instead of 1)
(4) add build phase -> link binary with libraries : storekit.framework Coretelephony… AVfoundation….
(5) change loadURL () in game.js and strings
(6) TO add icon files, drag and drop then go to .info file and add the file names
<key>CFBundleIconFiles</key> <array> <string>firstname.lastname@example.org</string> <string>icon.png</string> <string>Icon-Small.png</string> <string>Icon-Small@2x.png</string>